‘Nobody has come to investigate nor has anyone been held accountable.’
RAFIQ REHMAN, SON OF MAMANA BIBI
- Other People’s Wars (chapters 19 & 20) – Nicky Hager
- History Belongs to the Intercessors – Some Reflection Material
- The Assassination Complex – Jeremy Scahill, 2016.
- The Drone Memos – Jameell Jaffer, 2016.
- Customary International Humanitarian War: Rules – International Committee of the Red Cross, 2016.
- Will I Be Next – Amnesty International 2013.
- NSA intelligence relationship with New Zealand – NSA, 2013.
- Propitiation as Protest: A reflection for Drone Assassination Awareness Week
- Interviews with Pakistan Drone Survivors
- Naming the Dead – Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- The Sermon on the Mount: A Theology of Resistance
- Drone strikes and School attacks
- US Drones: Will I be Next? – Amnesty International 2013.
- Drone Victims to Congress: Why did our Grandma Die? The Young Turks 2013 (analysis and footage from hearing).
- NZ Implicated in Drone Strikes – 3 News 2013.
- Key: GCSB passes on drone intelligence – nzherald.co.nz 2014.
- Unmanned: America’s Drone Wars
- The Drone Papers – Nine to Noon 2015.
- Amnesty says drone strikes give USA license to kill – Checkpoint, 2013.
- Defence analysts not surprised GCSB info helped drone strikes – Morning report, 2014.
- Questions remain over drone strikes which killed a New Zealander – Nine to Noon, 2014.
QUOTES FROM VICTIMES
- The Dronification of State Violence – In Critical Asian Studies, 2014.
- The Impact of Drone Strikes in Pakistan – Watson Institute for International Studies, 2014.
- Congress Disgraces United States Fails to Show For Drone Hearing – popularresistance.org 2013.
- Suspected US drone strikes kill three al-Quida suspects in Yemen – The Guardian, January 2017.
- How the US justifies drone strikes: targeted killing, secrecy and the law – The Guardian, November 2016.
- Obama will not restrict drone strike ‘playbook’ before Trump takes office – The Guardian November 2016.
- US to pay 1 million pounds to family of Italian aid worker killed in drone strike – The Guardian, September 2016.
- Obama claims that drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians – The Guardian, July 2016.
- US drone strikes ‘could leave all those involved facing murder charges’ – The Guardian, May 2016.
- Pakistan condemns US drone strikes that killed Taliban leader Mansoor – The Guardian, May 2016.
- Secrecy over UK drone strike deaths in Syria face challenges – The Guardian, October 2016.
- 41 men targetted but 1,147 people killed: Drone strikes – the facts on the ground – The Guardian, 2014.
- 4 US Drone operators say lethal drone strikes are fuelling the expansion of groups like ISIS – Reuters, 2015.
NON-VIOLENT DIRECT ACTION RESOURCES
- Divine Rebels: American Christian Activists for Social Justice – Deener Guzder and Roger Gottleib, 2011.
- Global Non-violent Action Database.
- In ‘followership’: Catholic Workers take action for Black Lives Matter – National Catholic Reporter 2016.
- Witness to Peace in Gaza – The Catholic Worker, 2009.